Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got all my Clevor stuff today... Took a bunch of pics.

Check em out HERE...

Especially if you haven't seen a set of stud girdle valve covers, "Track Boss 351w" intake, or aussie clevor heads... Mmmmmm Sexy 2.19 Intake valves...

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Where did you get all the parts, good selection of go-fast-goodies you got there. When is it going on the Cougar,lol.

Rick

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Damnit man!
Sweet!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the setup from one of our local club members. He was originally going to make a clevor himself, but decided it's not in the cards right now so passed the setup on to me.

It'll be on the car hopefully by the end of the month if all goes well.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Some one correct me but B-A made two cleavor intakes.(for 351 w blocks) The track boss and the street boss. The track boss was a single plane for 4V heads and the street boss was for 2V heads and might have been a dual plane. (cant remember if was single or dual plane for the 2V's) .

My question is the Auzzie heads are 2V intake ports and the track boss intake being for 4V intake ports isnt going to match up very well. Whats the work around plans for that?

My memory is kinda fuzzy on these manifolds so I maybe compleatly wrong. But I do remember looking into them in the early 80's for my stock car motors but decided to port the hell out of the 69 windsor heads instead for the weight advantage over the cleavlands. mm

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
geez... you made me actually get up and go into the garage to check it out... :)

The intake is a perfect match to the heads....

Examining the track boss intake reveals it is a single plane design with 2v ports. the runners haven't been modified or ported or anything, they're the original casting.

Click HERE for a pic of the matching ports.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Thats cool Logan, didnt mean to get you out of the chair on a Sunday afternoon!! I said I wasnt clear on it, hard for me to remember yesterday let alone something I was considering 15-20 years ago.

I'm pretty sure they made 4V manifolds too but again its been awhile ago. So now both our minds are at ease you can get to skinning some knuckles and get it done and report back on the results. Dont forget to check piston to valve clearances on the canted valve heads. mm

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Best looking 69? bwahahahhahah... That's definately from a man who hasn't been too close. :) Though, I'm certainly flattered....

The paint and some good sunlight has alot to do with the look me thinks... I like it the way it is though, in driver condition. I don't worry about taking it to the track that way... :)

mm, The motor they came off had the same speedpro 9.5:1's in it that mine did, shouldn't be any clearance issues, but regardless, I'm a wimp, I'm getting my machine shop to put it all together... I prefer just walking in with a boatload of parts and saying "Call me when it's done"... The motor's expensive enough without me catastrophically screwing something up.

Ken, that carb on the manifold is a Barry grant modified race carb...Though I don't think it'll be staying on there... It's missing a couple pieces...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yeah...I noticed that it was a BG. I didn't notice the missing pieces tho...:)

I figured you might have remembered all the tuning problems I have been going through since April. The 750 is being replaced by a 625 with vac secondaries.

That does look cool though...I'll have to get my buddy with a 69 to check out the pics...

Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts