Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Attn. Owners near the Gulf

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  JRA2000TL 
#1 ·
I'd like to hear from owners in the south Alabama, western Florida and south eastern Mississippi area. Would you have interest in joining/creating a club for this region?

#4 ·
Cruisin the coast is a Huge deal down here... it would be cool to have a pack of cats down here for it this year..

Usually first week of October, thousands of classic, resto, modified, rat and you name it cars gather down here for music fun and socializing... It is basically a car show that spans the entire 75 miles of coast line, gathering spots vary day to day with the official venues, thru 8 different towns.. It is truly a site to behold... I was down there every day this past year and promise I did not get to even look at every car, truck and van involved... You can sit in one spot all day or move around as you wish. there are certain events at scheduled times in certain locations but it is entirely up to you as to what when and where you go and do... I hope this helped, I will answer as much as I can about it for anyone... I doubt I will do the power tour as I am still in progress on mine..

http://www.cruisinthecoast.com/

#6 ·
We did cruising the coast in 2009 for the first time. I didn't take the 70 Cougar but went over in the wifes 2004 thunderbird. We enjoyed it alot. Reminded me of one huge cruise day. This year I would like to sit in on the auctions. The wife and I will be in the Cougar this year and hope to meet up with other cat owners from the area. Last year I was there for the last Sunday of the event and saw only one 71-73 ish vert. Sal

#7 ·
I will be there in my 69 this year, we will have to hook up, we usually take the whole week off, last yr I was in a 54 chevy and saw very few cats, and about a million moostangs, chevelles, camaros... Its nice being in something that 'stands out'

#9 ·
This thread hasn't been updated in awhile, but I'll bump it. I live in Daphne, AL. If any of you have read some of the other threads, I'm on a hunt to find my dad's old car if it still exists. It was a 69 XR7 hard top, Dark Aqua with a white vinyl top, Aqua interior, 351W, and styled steel wheels. He bought the car in 1972 from Key Ford in Pensacola. He was the 2nd owner; the original owner was a local doctor, I believe. He sold the car around 1976.

Here's a photo link to my facebook with a picture of the car. He's the one on the right. http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...72829029096.2042621.1481035415&type=1&theater

I have contacted "Cattin" on this site, to see if this is his car. It's identical.

http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28649&d=1323183243

If his car is long gone, I'd like to find one identical to it. I'm not in a financial position to buy another toy right now; however, If I found what I'm looking for not at an exhorbitant price, I would make some sacrifices to make it happen. If any of you FL guys are familiar with the FL DMV and their records database, shoot me a message. I think their records go back only 10 years according to their website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.