Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Logan,
You mentioned recently in a discussion that you forked over a few extra bucks for a "powermaster" alternator that was 140 amps, one wire......any other details about it, especially where to get one. Does it really make that big a difference? Thanks in advance...Keith

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Hi Keith,

Yeah, I forked alright... :)

I paid $239 I believe for the Chrome 140amp one wire. I purchase almost all my parts from www.summitracing.com

The trick to summitracing.com is KNOWING the part number before you go. Their online catalog sucks, but 99% of the time if you just type in the manufacturer and part number, they have it in stock and ready to ship. I love em.

Powermaster's website is at:

http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/

8-37140 - Chrome
8-67140 - Polished
8-57140 - Black Thermal Coat

I love it, the only kicker is that although it ships with both serpentine and V-Grove pullies, they attach the serpentine pulley from the factory, so you'll need to take the alternator to a shop to have the pulley changed, it's on there REALLY tight. Other than that, it works great, looks great and solved all of my electrical problems. Summit also sells chrome alternator brackets for like $20, pick some up. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts