Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Who alls going to the nats? I put in for my vacation today. We will be leaving on the 22nd and taking our time on the way down. I was also wondering if anyone was taking thier kids, I have 2 girls 9 & 10 that will be going. We all went last year and had a ball in spite of the rain. Has anybody been talking about any caravans headed that way?
John
wvcat

·
Registered
906 Posts
Well, wvcat, as long as things go along as planned, I will be inattendance with my 15 year old son. I won't be able to bring my cougar, since I will be picking up a project XR7 near there and will have to drive up my truck and trailer. As for caravans, I'd check with your local cougar club or the Georgia Cougar club. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
DropTopCougr,

If you are in Ocala, are you a member of the Sunshine State Cougar Club? We are planning a Cougar Convoy to Atlanta. For me and a few other Cougars that live in the Southern part of the state, Atlanta is a 2 day trip. Ocala is where our over night stay is planned, for the evening of Tuesday, June 25th. We are staying at the LaQuinta Inn at 3530 SW 36th Ave. Tuesday evening we will be eating a dinner at The Outback Steakhouse, I believe the Outback is on the same street as LaQuinta.
The Cougars that are coming out of Orlando and Tampa areas will be meetng us at the hotel at 8:00am Wednesday morning for our departure to Atlanta. Along the way we have a meeting point at White Springs rest area on northbound I-75 just north of exit 84. From there we stop for lunch at 11:15am at Sonny's BBQ in Valdosta, GA. After lunch, we fuel up and head for Atlanta wth on more fuel stop when needed and then expect to arrive in Atlanta at about 4:30-- 5:00.
You are more then welcome to join in with us for the ride up and the Tuesday Night dinner at Outback. If you aren't in the SSCC, we always welcome new members. Our membership director will be crusing to Atlanta to make a speedy membership if you wish to join.
I wrote the route plan for this and the 2001 SSCC Cougar Convoy to the national show and have been dubbed the Director of Transportation for the club. We had a great time last year, an the only thing I'd change is to have more people attend. It looks like we'll have about 8-10 Cougars from our club attending the Nationals.
I hope to meet up with ya along the way.

WVcat,
John, you are taking the long way by leaving the 22nd--ha ha ha. Are you headed back Saturday evening or Sunday, or??? I am not sure yet myself which day we are leaving, but Cathy and I are heading to Massachusetts from Atlanta. We'll figure out at the show if our plans heading north coincide or not.

thanks,

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Mark,
I'm not sure exactly when I'm leaving but I have to be back at work on monday so I might go part way saturday and finish sunday...its a gray area..lol It would be cool to hook up for a cruise

Hey Droptop,
Too bad you can't bring your cat but at least you have a great excuse, congrates on the cat!!! Pick it up before the nats so we can check it out and see if there;s any parts we need off it....lol
j/k we wouldn't try to take those xr7 parts. :1poke:
John
wvcat

·
Registered
180 Posts
East Nats

My wife and I are really hoping to make the trip. We will be visiting my dad in Crossville, Tenn. that week. It would be a nice trip(about 4 hrs) to leave the kid with grandparents and have a little extra vacation from a vacation. We won't be able to bring the Cat, but would love to some year.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'll probably have a booth there......

I've never been to a Nationals yet, my wife and I are planning to arrive by friday and we have paid for a booth so look us up if you get the chance. Some of you might remember that I've only gotten back into the 67-68 cougars within the past year and a half but have accumulated alot of parts in that time frame. I will more than likely have some rare parts and general parts,let me know if you are looking for something in particular that I might have.
I have a nice roof off a 68 also if someone is interested in one, and I have a really nice pair of 67 front fenders that I'd like to swap for an equally nice set of 68 front fenders for the XR7G I am restoring.
I hope to get to meet some of you there.......thanks.....Keith

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yes, Mark, I am in the Club. My name is Jim Broady, and you can check your member guide they just sent out. I was actually one of the first twenty or so members, but my convertible project has been dragging on since I got it and hasn't been ready for any major events yet. It's probably ready to go on the cruise up there, but there's a problem. I located, through a friend of a friend, a 1969 XR7 hardtop just about two hours from the nationals, and will be picking that up instead of cruising up there. I would really like to crusie up there, but at only $800 for the XR7, I can't pass it up (Don't get to jealous - a tree fell on it, crushing the roof and windshield) I am leaving the 25th and have reservations for two nights at a hotel. I may run by the Outback or La Quinta and bring my car just to see who all is going, since I'm only about 5 minutes from there.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
NASHVILLE DRIVE

Sounds like lots of folks are getting there early. I will be getting there on friday afternoon and am bringing a cat. I will be leaving Nashville, TN. around 10 to 12 AM
friday. All caravaners are welcome and hope to see some of you'all on the road to Hotlanta..Didn't pay for a booth but will be bringing so stuff to sell out of the back of the pick-up. Might be hauling some stuff back with the Cougar..

[email protected] :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
DropTopCougr,
I'm hoping to meet up with ya at Outback or LaQuinta on Tuesday night and would love to see your cat. My cel phone number is in the latest issue of SSCC's newsletter in my article.

thanks,

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Hello all,
Sure wish i could make the trip, too much going on plus one trip in a month is enough, just got back from the pocono race.
DroptopCougr what part of Ocala are you from, my brother lives on S. E. 35 TH CT. he works for E-ONE. I going to see if i can get him to come over either to the hotel or outback and get some pics of you guys and your cars. Have a save and fun weekend.
Jerry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts