Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ton of them, but I'll limit it to the most "telling" for now. As you will see, there are some "issues" with the car. See how many you can find!

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's that famous XR-7 interior!

Just look how well maintained this car has been. (Joke)

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The spacious back seat "theatre"

I didn't know I was buying a car with "surround sound!"

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last one...

Just for laughs, here's the dash. NOTE: Anybody got one for sale?

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, so here's the deal...

I bought this car because the one I already have is pretty well complete. It isn't that I'm a glutton for punishment, but I wanted to get my hands a little dirty and learn something about restoration. So maybe this car isn't QUITE as nice as it was advertised to be and maybe it isn't QUITE an XR-7, but it will be someday. All it needs is a new interior, new exterior trim, new wheel covers, a new top, a paint job, a tune up, and about a thousand hours of work, but that's all!

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
72 'vert

Chas,

I have a set of white front XR-7 seats, small repairable seam rip in drivers seat bottom. Also have a white conv top (almost new when taken off wrecked parts car). Also have good uncracked black dash pad.

If you're going to Columbus maybe we could meet?

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you wanna try and work out shipping, I'd be interested. I'm nowhere near Ohio though. Also if you want to send pics, I'm atCougar72 Thanks
:1poke: Kyle:1poke:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Chas-
She really doesn't look that bad! Welcome to the multiple cougar owners club. Like john, I'm glad to see another cat at home in West Virginia!
Chuck

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chuck...

ragcat said:
Like john, I'm glad to see another cat at home in West Virginia!
Chuck
Go ahead, you can say it (John would!) "even if it IS a 72..."

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Your right I would love to see more cats in the mountain state, I just wish they were all mine:D Are you mountaineers heading out to columbus next month? Thought maybe we could hook up. Maybe I can talk one of youinto letting me store your vert in my garage for a few years.....:1poke:
John

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
John-
I won't be going to Columbus, but I'll make you a deal--
Take my ragcat, duplicate your 'nator clone in 'vert (at your expense :eek2: ) and you can keep it for a year after finishing!!:biggrn2:
chuck

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Chas-

OK. For a '72...

actually, I followed this one on ebay. Congrats in getting it. I'm kind crazy about ragtops, even if they are post '70.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
wvcat said:
[but can I spread my one year out over three summers....lmao
John [/B]
John-
In our neck of the woods, I thought a year with a ragtop WAS 1 summer:confused: ? Insurance and registration heh?
Chuck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts