Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have information that would help in decoding the build sheet for the purpose of putting the correct paint daubs and stripes on the steering, suspension, drive line, wheels, etc.? Does anyone know if the codes are the same for Cougar and Mustang? This is a March 1972 build date car. All help will be appreciated.

Thank You,
Chuck

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
If you have the build sheet it has some of the info you seek. Otherwise, you can usually find some of the markings by cleaning the parts in question and looking carefully. I found the front and rear spring markings this way. Other things, well KTL restorations has a lot of good info on their site, but nothing after 70 that I am aware of.

Hope this helps.

Bob

·
Registered
200 Posts
What kind of paint would you use, and what kind of process to apply them?

I was thinking of getting some high temp engine spray paint cans (something durable) for the various different colours, spraying the colour into a little paper cup and then using a small paint brush to apply them to the various suspension components.

Is there a better/proper way to do this?

Steve,

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Steve,

That's the way. You can use whatever type of paint you like, but personally, I would not buy spendy paint just for the marks. I use whatever I have on hand and Walmart's store brand if they have the color I want/need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts