Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay here is where having a Ask royce column should be installed, anyways...... Royce what is the measurments i should be looking in between the shock towers on a 68 cross bolt hole to bolt hole. I am Repairing a nasty job done on Johns 68 GTE and i am trying to get it as close as possible. off hand cant remember what I was able to beat and torch the measurement to but i have both within an eighth of an inch from being the same. but having said this both shock towers have been mega welded and i want to get it correct as possible. Either case if i cant fix it i will need the measurements to put the new towers in anyhow. thanks.

·
11,000 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive.....

I have the engine out of my blue GTE right now. Give me a call 859-801-3311 and describe what measurements you need. I will be in the garage starting around 6:00 EST. I am going to be putting the motor back in within a day or two.

Have to go vote right now.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay i will call tomarrow since i dont get off work untill eight your time then i have to go vote myself so i wont be home till around ten or eleven your time.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Glad to hear you guys are voting, saw on CNN that they are only expecting a 40% turnout, then everyone moans when things don't go the way they want. I always vote, unless its too hot, or raining, or the wind is blowing gales, or cricket is on Tv, or ..............get the picture, its a lost cause here, way too outnumbered.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
"get the picture, its a lost cause here, way too outnumbered."

Vote anyway, You may be surprised some time.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Yes I know, I guess I will, when the time comes, we don't have senate votes and that sort of thing, just provincial and municipal elections, which are normally rigged way in advance. Don't even know when the next general elections will be, but whenever they are I now have two extra votes to add, 2 of my kids can now vote.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
My wife and I are bad Americans, we failed to register in time... :(

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
You can't register at the poll? You can here.....

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
(Sorry we're way off topic from Greg's initial question, but I think he and Royce have already gotten the information they need...)
No Rktmn, last day to register here is 15 days before election (Oct 21). In fact, there's a measure being voted on during this election to allow registration at the poll location with 2 valid forms of ID.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Voted 1st thing this morning. Wife was supposed to vote before going to meeting and son to vote for 1st time tonight. He just turned 18 in June.
Haven't missed one since 1968.

Badcat I went yes on 51. It looks like all the money goes to your side of state and I hope they untangle some of the mess with traffic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts