Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question in regards to swapping my c4 for an AOD. Will the speedometer cable for the C4 work or will I need to run a new cable? Anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
My guess is that lingth is the main issue. If you have theAOD now measure distance from Bellhousing to mounting point for Cable and compare to your C4. If distance is shorter, you should be OK. If you have any slack, Route so it is removed. I installed one with out taking out all of the slack and it flexed out too close to exhost pipe melting cover. This fused and made it useless. $70.00 waisted plus $6.50 gear eaten.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Drops right in.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Here's the deal...... If you don't need the speed sensor for a fuel injection system, just the speedo. The stock cable from the C4 plug right into the tranny. If you need the speed sensor for a computer, just pull the end off the cable and yank the end off one in the junkyard and stuff it on your cable. That's what I did when I put the Fuel injected 5.0/AOD in my 68 Cougar and I did the same thing to hook the MG speedo to the T-5(Ford Turbo 2.3/T-5), in my MG
Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts