Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Catman i think that's the wrong regulator he is talking about the gauge cluster regulator. Unless i'm missing something.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I have the solid state instrument cluster voltage regulator that ECI Bob (69xr7vert) manufactures.
It fits really well, and is a slick piece of work. I also got his electronic Low fuel thing too. Very nicely done.

I can't say how well it works as my Cougar is not back on the road yet. (One year Deployment delay)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip. I will check out Bob's. A reliable low fuel lamp wouldn't hurt a bit.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for the good words. The Electronic Low Fuel Indicator (ELFI) is a unit which replaces the LF relay on a LF equipped car, it also requires the use of (and comes with) a Solid State Instrument Voltage Regulator (SSIVR). Your fuel sender need not be a LF sender with my kit, just a working sender/gauge is all that is required. The ELFI develops the LF indicating from the gauge reading. It also have built-in hysteresis so that flashing at LF threshold is minimized.

The ELFI kits are $110 shipped for 67/68 or 69-73. SSIVR's are $45 shipped.

Makes a great Xmas gift! :buck:

Regards,

Bob

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts