Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a product on the net called Por-15 they make rust inhibitors,cleaners ,primers,engine paint and puttys.Has anyone tried this stuff?sounds to good to be true.Im going to start rippin into this body work gig soon,I havent done it seriously for 20 years.Whats the latest on the (bondo filler)And how about some good primers to use.Im going to repaint it black a dark color primer would help. thanks Dan P.S. hope to meet some of you on the 6th in COLUMBUS

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I have a buddy restoring a 69 AMX that has used the POR-15 and says he loves it. Oncce it dries it provides a rockhard surface.
My .02

Don

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
POR-15 rocks.

I used it on the interior floorboards and trunk of my Cougar. Their "6 pack" of the little tins is perfect to do the interior surfaces of the cougar.

I highly recommend the product to do the job it advertises it does.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Por 15

I used it last year on my floorboards and around the back window on wvcat. It went on smooth and I painted over the area by the rear window with acrylic enamal. Its holding up great so far and appears to be hard as nails. Yes I will use it again.
John
wvcat

·
Registered
166 Posts
I shot the whole inside of my car with it (floors, cieling, sides, firewall), as well as around the windshield and rear window. I've also used it in a jeep, and my bronco. The stuff is the best for restoring cars.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeas-4 neas-0

I will get some.I should be able to get some here in Cleveland the rust belt capital of the North Coast thanks for the info and input Dan:D

·
Registered
329 Posts
POR-15

I have used this on inside floor trunk inside quater panels and under the whole car even on my rear and my break drums. comes in gray and black gloss or sem gloss use nothing else.Company is out of New Jersey 1-800-457-6715 or www.por-15.com:D steelcat 70 XR7 ragtop

1 - 9 of 9 Posts