Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy gang. I've got a buddy that bought a 1969 Cougar and is attempting to drive it back from Durango Colorado to Milwaukee Wi right now. He's made it to Buena Vista and may have run into a problem with oil pressure. Please call me at 414-491-4390 (cell) I need to talk with someone from around that area A.S.A.P. Thanks Bosscat40, Dave.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Wow, hope everything goes alright. I'm thinking of doing the same thing (about a 24-26hr road trip) and I'm quite leery but going to atempt it. Come on guys somebody has to be close!! Good luck

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Come on guys somebody has to be close!!
Not necessarily- "boonie vista" as they call it in these parts is not near any of our major cities. It is about 2 hours from Colorado Springs and about 2.5 hours from Denver. Great area for ghost town touring, river rafting and challenging 4 wheel drive trails.

There should be some good knowledgeable shops there however.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies.No wonder nobody answered from the area! We got it figured out over the phone & he made it up the last pass fine. He got to a friends house & is replacing the oil pump this morning. I'll keep you informed as to how "The Roadtrip" is going...Bosscat40. P.S the car in question is Zendog's old cat. blue.jpg

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cougar%20II%202.jpg Time for an update from your phone reporter Bosscat40!My buddy Mark is on the road once again in"Old Blue". Turns out that after using tha K.I.S.S rule,he found out it wasn't the oil pump after all(Whew). It was just a bad connection in the wiring to the gage.He's breaking into nebraska right about now hoping to be home by Wed. night.He spent yesterday at a friends house looking at pikes peak and havin a few Col. koolaids after working on the car. Says he's getting lots of way to goes and cool car from lots of folks. well that's about it for tonight,Bosscat40 signing off! Here's another picture...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Those damn loose connectios! He's smart enough to look for the simple things!! I would have probably thought the worst and started pulling the engine apart ;). Hope the rest of his journey oes trouble free!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blue.jpg Howdy all. Great News! Mark is sitting in front of his HOUSE in Milwaukee Wi. with "Old Blue". HE MADE IT! The car ran fantastic after the little oil pressure gage deal.When he got to the Mississippi river he stopped in a little town and needed to get the "Altitude Tune" off of the car.Now I'm quoting, Filled up at a BP,wanted to ask someone there about a decent mechanic in the area but alas no brain cells were alive. Found a Ford dealer in town but they couldn't do it but recommended the Town Mechanic & his shop.Went to him "loved the car & story" but was too busy.He recommended "the perfect guy in town"Mark drove the cat over to this guys garage & lo and behold a 72 Torino was parked out front(GT type one each with lasar stripes attached Beautiful car).Mark gave him the 69 red ford engine manual,the gentleman washed his hands twice & got down to buisness.Long story short tuned perfectly,loved the car, cost, 0.00$. Another friend made. Old Blue is now in Wi. with a good home. Mark would like to thank Zendog for letting him take this car & making it his own.It's one Helluva parts car, Ya right!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just got a call from Mark. He loves the car, and said it ran great, other than the issue with the oil sender connection. He took some time to sightsee and visit friends. He sounded pretty psyched. I am glad it is not going to be a parts car, and that he will be taking good care of it.

Anybody interested in an R code XR7?

Rich

1 - 10 of 10 Posts