1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Tell me what are the odds that those front tires rub/hit something in the front being a '68, like mine once did. Also what are the odds that the rear end has been raised given that large gap between the top of the tire and the fender lip? Looks like something I did in 1970 to mine... air shocks which are long gone now.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I suggest you contact John Benoit at Cascade Classics 253-863-5669. He may have seen this particular Cougar; he has done work for this dealer in the past and I believe knows him fairly well.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I gave him John's contact info, but he suggested the timing on this one is too soon so I don't think he will contact him. Thanks for the number.

I suggest you contact John Benoit at Cascade Classics 253-863-5669. He may have seen this particular Cougar; he has done work for this dealer in the past and I believe knows him fairly well.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Jim,

Do you know this guy personally, or just know of him? Is this guy a dealer of just classic cougars, or does he do other stuff? I contacted him a while ago about a cougar on ebay, and I found him to be less than friendly. He seems to churn out the same car, different paint, but usually a 67 or 68 with a recent restoration. The cars look really nice in the pictures, but I have no idea what kind of work he does. If John Benoit does the work on these cars, and he just sells them, maybe that's worth looking into.

If someone out here has ever purchased a car off this guy, or has seen one of his cars, please share with us (or send me a PM). I'd love to know how the cars look in person.

FTR, I don't know this person, and I'm not saying his car isn't worth the look. It could be a great deal. I only have my brief personal exchanges with him... maybe I hit him on a bad day.

Do you know any of his work?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I do not know him, or for that matter have ever even met him. He is a car dealer; I believe his business is in Fife, WA. From time to time he gets a Cougar and needs something done to it to make it more saleable. John Benoit has done some work of that kind for him in the past. John obviously knows him and has experience with him, and he may know of this particular car, for all I know. If it were me and I had an interest I'd call John and ask him what he can tell you about (1) the car; (2) the seller; (3) etc.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
Yes, I do know the dealer who sells them but I DO NOT restore any of the cars he sells. Occassionaly I will do some very minor repairs but most of his work is done in-house. I sell him a few parts here and there. You are always welcome to call and ask questions. If I've seen the car I will certainly give you all the information I know about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts