Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daughter is stressing over the color to paint the WCC cat she won..(it won't even be here for a while ..)

She is wavering towards black..I know I have heard they were special order but I can't find any pictures of one.

Anyone?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Personally I would probably go with the original color.. I think it looks cool!

We do actually have the stripe kits in white though, so if you went black you could get all the Eliminator decals and stripes in white. I've also wondered what a white Eliminator would look like... I think the contrast of white with the black graphics would look pretty cool.

Maybe I'll do a little Photoshopping to see what some of these ideas look like.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had to visualize... here are a couple quick photochops

Well crapola Blitz..I was with you on the green (that's the exact photo I tried to sell her on) But now that I see your shopped version the White stripes look good on black..and there really is no better color on a 70 than Black!

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blitz can you shop the black car sans rear spoiler and hood strip but make the side stripe maroon???? please please ...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yep, I definitely love the white on black! Though I think I'd like to keep the hood all black. :)

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
The 69/70 cougar is exceptionally sexy in black...

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Daughter is stressing over the color to paint the WCC cat she won..(it won't even be here for a while ..)

She is wavering towards black..I know I have heard they were special order but I can't find any pictures of one.

Anyone?
Here is the thread with the Black '70 Eliminator that you are looking for... (waves hand like Obi-Wan Kenobi)...

http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/showthread.php?58135-The-Eliminator-hath-landed...

Note the awesome subtlenessitude of black stripes on a black car.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Black on Black is cool...is that a strip kit or is it painted on? Base/Clear or single stage??

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
The original car came with black stripes and they were decals. That's not to say a new paint job could certianly be painted stripes.

I still like the grabber blue idea but black would be awesome as long as all the prep is right.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Grabber Green, Grabber Green, Grabber Green

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
IMO Black on Black is the shizzle. But, it is an Eliminator, so it is worth something, more in original dress.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Have to say Ashes think your wright with the Black and Black hood. i wanted to see the factory color on the Cougar But have to say the Black looks Great. But with Black if there are any problems it shows more with black in the body. Wish you the best in what your do.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Gold with black stripes would be nice too...

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Ask and ye shall recieve - by the way Ashes - let me just say you have excellent taste! ;>0 I'm not a fan of stripes - which is why mine won't wear any, but I saw a pic of a convert with tannish pinstripes right along the edge of the body line and it is very sharp IMO.....just think of this a a 70 minus the furrowed brow of course

1 - 20 of 30 Posts