Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what I think is a great solution (very pleased with what I have so far) that I am planning on documenting/writing up but was wondering what some of you in the know/in the business are doing for this always warped out part? I have never seen or heard of a NOS pad, ever and every used one I have ever seen is warped to some degree. If there was a NOS one, I would imagine it would be a fortune given what is commonly available. The repro pads fit is horrible.

Don at WCCC once suggested that some people hog out the foam somewhat and use gorilla glue to pull together the warpage. I'm thinking (at least on the couple of original pads I have) that even if the warpage is pulled in the waves and such of the edges by the wheel spokes will remain.

So, what has been your experience with these?

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
643 Posts
I've seen some creative sewing employed on the backside that used a heavy-duty thread (upholstry thread?) to draw in the warpage. Some glue (may have been epoxy) was then applied to fix everything in place.

I'm not sure how durable the repair is, but it was the nicest looking center I've seen.

It's on my to-do list.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts