Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
several months ago, I yanked the motor out of the 68 to get the engine bay ready for the newer one. Of course, the hood came off then too...and thus the partial disassembly of the car....so the trunk, tail lights, and rear bumper, and some trim around areas I need to do rust repair before its roadworthy.

So...fast forward, last night I got tired of looking at the car w/o its deck lid and hood so I biolted them back on. The wife comes home and asks me why...all I could say is "dunno...seemed like something to do". Kinda like taking the interior out and then laying it back inside the car a week later.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Some things we do there is no explaination for. My wife questioned me about why I did something on the car and all I could say is uh..er... just because. I know you have a plan but you could channel the drive you have to the next phase, or next on the list. Do you plan to paint the car?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uh....yeah. its a little beyond needing paint hahaha. in all honesty, the motor is first, floor pans and trunk pans next and then quarter panel patches before bodywork n paint. its relatively dent free, just a few door dings...so honestly i put the hood n trunk back on to keep them from getting knocked over getting the boat and stuff in and out of the garage. the wife got a set of four of those wheel dollies so i can move the cougar all around the garage when i need to, so thats fun. but yes, it needs paint. badly aha. and i think im gona wind up replacing the trunk lid anyway because of too much rust in the lip, the hood i can probally work with though...

·
Registered
173 Posts
when I was buying wheels and tires I could only afford 2 tires at a time. The tires tread was for the left and right side of the car but I couldnt wait to see how it looked for just one side so I put them both on the drivers side and snapped some pics and stared at them for probably 2 hours haha. a month later i was able to afford the other 2 tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts