Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a breakdown somewhere of the options offered on Cougars in 1970. Also a breakdown of how many were built with certain specs.
I just want to know how many brothers and sisters my Cougar has.
Any help would be great.

Thanks
Shep

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Contact Kevin Marti at http://www.martiauto.com/ for all the information available on your car and the options it came with. Just my 2 cents. :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
as far as what options...

were available, the Classic Cougar Network site has that ( http://www.theclassiccougarnetwork.com/ ) but you need a membership to get to it.

Marti Auto is the only place I know of that can tell you how many were made with your combination. That, of course, will cost you.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I'd recommend doing both. The Classic Cougar network is $12 US, and has a TONNE of how-to documents and some other VERY useful information for a guy doing a restoration.

The Marti report is just plain cool, so do that too. :)

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Yep, you can tell that Logan grew up in a Brit environment. :rolleyes: Tonne? Pssst, Logan, we Yanks spell it 'ton'. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
You'd rather I walk around going, "Whyyyyy, I'll tell ya whuuuuuuuut..."?

or... "I reckon..."

...or my favorite Southern response indicating a positive condition.... "Uh huh"

:D

I try to be american nowadays whenever I remember. I've almost stopped inserting the letter "u" all over the place..

...and I very rarely use the phrase "Eh" anymore, at least in written conversation anyway...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Logan judging by he comment about Eh's and U's I am assuming you are originally from Canada. Wheres aboot's you from eh?
Just curious because I am from Winnipeg and we don't use Eh or insert any U's in anything. It is just those darn eastcoasters giving the rest of us a bad rap.

To quote the Simpsons, "I am frum Canada soo they think I am slow eh."

Shep <-- Non-typical Canadian

"Our Beer is Better"

·
Registered
676 Posts
yeah right

Shep,

I grew up in Manitoba and you're dreaming if you think Manitobans don't use eh or use the correct spelling of many words (hence the extra u's in colour and honour).

My American wife says she can tell how far north of the Canadian border we are by how thick my Canadian accent is. And each beer takes the accent up exponentially.

Neal
Fellow Canuck currently in the US
PS I always thought ZED-28 sounded stupid.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Neal, zed 28? I hate hearing people call the little band from Texas Zed Zed top!!I bet Logan doesn't do that! Neal.

P.S. Like your first name.:1poke:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yeah man, you didn't know the last letter of the alphabet is pronounced zed not zee? I always thought Zed-28, Zed-24, Zed-L1, etc was just more proof that GM products were garbage!

Neal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts