Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals. As you may know I just bought this cherry 71 Cougar. It has the original Bright Yellow paint which I thought looked great as it was. It was still bright and only had a few minor chips here and there. Well I showed it to a friend, who details cars, as I was going to put a good wax on it. He was also impressed by the paint but then told me to try this cleaner/polish called Zymol. I couldn't believe what a difference it made. The car was flashy to begin with but now it looks awesome. It was a little expensive but worth every cent. I think I've tried just about every wax and polish at some time over the years, this was the only one that really impressed me. Just my two cents for whatever it's worth nowadays lol

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
ive never used that but it sounds killer. one of my favorite things to use is ( depending on the car and paint condition ) is a medium cut compund if the paint is oxidized a bit, then move to my favorite product in the whole wide world.... Hand Glaze. if the car is still pretty good and the paint is still smooth, ill just wash and glaze it followed by a waxing. the glaze will remove swirl marks and light surface impurities along with the buildup of the old wax. then you wax the car and keep your buddies from touching it because it feels like glass lol. its about 15 for a wuart of 3M hand glaze.. err, their Imperial line i think. and i just use turtle wax. the liquid stuff, i dont like pastes.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I've used Zymol for years and have had excellent results until it comes to black paint. I would spend hours trying to get the wax swirls out of the black with zymol. Otherwise an excellent product that is also "All-natural" as the bottle claims and will not harm your paint.:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
car polish

Well I have been using this stuff called Zanio. its alittle expensive also but it seems to put a mirror shine on my car. It seems to work best on clear coat cars (only cars ive used it on) but they do have a product for regular paint on cars. if you wonna check it out go to www.zainobros.com

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts