Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so it has a XR7 dash but i know im not that lucky. heres my vin, who can decipher all of it, including what what ___ of _____ built it is?

7F91C54O125
65A_V_2F_12M_54_OH

i think the 91 means base not xr7?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
This car was seen and reported to the national database in 2005 at the Monroe Swap Meet, Monroe, WA. The information came from the door tag. A '67 doesn't have a dash tag, rather it has the vins stamped on the inner front fender aprons; so .... I suspect your car has had the door replaced and that the door tag is incorrect for the body. Can you check the inner aprons for the stamped vin? The 91 on the tag indicates that the door came from a Standard Cougar, not an XR7. C = 289-2V engine. 65A = Standard body style; V = Cinnamon Frost paint; 2F = saddle vinyl interior; 12M = scheduled production date of Dec. 12, 1966; 54 = Seattle District Sales Office; 0 = 3.00:1 rear axle ratio; and there is no code "H" for the transmission -- it should be W = C4 automatic. If you find a different vin on the aprons, please advise. Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Did you look on your fender aprons, would be close to the strut towers, should be an area that has the vin also stamped into the metal. Thinking, as jim stated you might have had a door changed? If vin on fender matches, then..... More investigation would be required, I'm thinking.
Good Luck!
lloyd

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
If there is a radiator core support tag (buck tag) on the car it will show (e.g. Black) for a vinyl top; otherwise a Marti report is your source for an answer to that question. The door tag trans code is W, not H.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts