Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got any pics they can post/send on the front front l/r fender splash shields and headlight vacuum tank mounting? '68 Cougar...I HAD some pics of them, but computers...what can I say....Thanks. The splash shields are the ones in the front of the fenders,,I figured out the rear ones by the cowl...

·
Registered
913 Posts
I could send a picture but you can't see anything but the vac. tank, the splash shield goes on first and then the tank brackets, a couple of the tank bracket screws hold the splash shield on.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
If you are not in to big of a hurry as soon as I get the material back on the splash shields I will be mounting them. Might be a little bit though having a hard time with the material.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,,,not in a huge rush. I got the pre-cut rubberized stuff,,,from WCCCC I think,,fits nice.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
You got it to fit on the front?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it actually was cut pretty well. When I get back to where my car is in a couple of days I'll get ya some pics. I didn't attach the stuff with the staples,,,I used the plastic "push pins/screws" like they have on the trim on newer cars...I have been told that the newer stuff is cut for Moostangs and will leave some uncovered spots around the fenders, but haven't gogtten that far yet..should be an easy fix if so. I just need to know where they mount before I get the fenders on...

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I would mount the fenders first and then make sure that the rubber seals up nice to them once you mount the shields.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts