Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a lot of cougars and have never seen another one the color of mine. Factory Fawn. I am keeping the color as it grew on me and I think it is pretty classy. Marti Report says it is 1 of 155 with that color and trim package. Anyone else have that color?

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
I sold a Fawn 68 with black interior and vinyl top about 4 months ago. The guy removed the top, painted it all black and sold it on Ebay.

·
Registered
238 Posts
You'll see quite a few of the promo materials for 67 in Fawn but you are correct that it is a bit rare. I believe the color name was only used in 1967 (68 was called "Light Beige"). For 67 there were 3342 total w 655 being XR7s. Mine's a 67 XR7 GT - Fawn over saddle. http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/album.php?albumid=251

A sleeper color for sure but i like it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I saw a Fawn XR7G in Dallas a few years ago. That means that fawn must have been an option in '68 as well.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
I know a guy that had a 1967 XR7 with color code 6A, factory two tone Fawn with a black painted roof. He thought that someone removed the vinyl top, so he 'reinstalled' it. Doh!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is Fawn with a black vinyl top! Black pinstripes and black interior. First glance was not that keen on Fawn I really like the dark burgundy under black. But it didn't take long for me to decide to keep it factory color! You can wear a suit or blue jeans and look good with Fawn. High class color with a big block to boot! Last year I had a lot of people looking at the woodward dream cruise and back to the bricks. They saw one cougar and it was painted black. Not this year and probably not next but after that they will see another one! And all the mustangs folks will be converted!

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
1967-68 Mustangs were also painted that color. Color code 6, only Ford called it Pebble Beige.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Lincoln also had a light beige color code 6 marketed as "Desert Sand". They are all under an internal paint code of 1631.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
1967-68 Mustangs were also painted that color. Color code 6, only Ford called it Pebble Beige.
Say that is right! That is the color of my 68 Mustang.

·
11,000 Posts
I owned this one from 1976 - 1991, during which time it rolled over to 400,000 miles. It is in Abilene Texas now. 289-"A" code XR-7 with 4 speed.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
So what's the difference between Fawn and Polar White? Is Fawn more of a tan/beige tint as opposed to the yellowish-cream tint of Polar White? They look really really similar, as far as I can tell from the pictures.

·
Registered
238 Posts
So what's the difference between Fawn and Polar White? Is Fawn more of a tan/beige tint as opposed to the yellowish-cream tint of Polar White? They look really really similar, as far as I can tell from the pictures.
The "Fawn" looks a lot lighter in person from this chip but this will give you an idea of the difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fawn is the color of a beige switchplate in your house.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mr. Peterson that is a real nice picture. Hope mine turns out so well. I still have the steel wheels with factory hubcaps. Not the best look but factory.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
The "Fawn" looks a lot lighter in person from this chip but this will give you an idea of the difference.
It always seems to look light in the sun and darker in the shade.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought my fawn 68 last August. Seems that it is a rare color, there are not much pics of fawn beige Cougars. It has saddle interior and buckskin vinyl roof. This is a base Cougar and my first thoughts were that it has no options, but actually it has: vinyl roof, decor interior, auto trans and Styled Steel Wheels (not currently installed). It was imported from US to Finland in 2011. -Markus.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just purchased my first cougar. It is a 68 XR7 Fawn Beige in color.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fawn 68 that is a Beautiful car! Hope mine looks that nice when it leave the barn someday! My68XR7 Three Fawn 68s! Cool. Mine is an XR7 also. Black interior and black vinyl roof.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts