Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine needs a new home so someone can use it for what it was built for.

**COMPLETE DUAL CARBS TO OIL PAN**
**Completely rebuild and assembled by professional shop**
Dyno time only. Never put in car. 435 HP and 474 torque.
Cast iron block (C6ME-A) & heads (C4AE 6090G) with roller rockers.
Ford intake C3AE-9425-J
Original era correct Holley Carbs; C3AE-9510-B & C3AE-6510-C
Ed Pink offenhauser valve cover
Includes new Centeforce flywheel
Many, many, many other parts. Will not part out.

$11,500 plus shipping and packaging costs.

20140406_181431.jpg 20140406_181550.jpg 427 Engine on Dyno, 2008.jpg 20140406_185408.jpg

Message me or leave an email or phone number if you want more info.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Not that I can afford it, but are the heads drilled for GT or CJ exhaust manifolds? The full size style manifolds that came on the stock 410's do not work on Cougars. But thaat askes, this would scoot a Cougar along well.
Good luck finding it a new home.

·
10,982 Posts
He says it has C4AE 6090-G heads. They can't be drilled for any other pattern and cannot be used with 390GT or 428CJ exhaust manifolds. You would need to have headers that have the 8 bolt or 16 bolt pattern to install this engine in a Cougar.

Not that I can afford it, but are the heads drilled for GT or CJ exhaust manifolds? The full size style manifolds that came on the stock 410's do not work on Cougars. But thaat askes, this would scoot a Cougar along well.
Good luck finding it a new home.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BUMP. This is still available and has never been installed. I will sell this for much less!!! It's never going to get used sitting around here. Let me know if you have any interest.

·
10,982 Posts
BUMP. This is still available and has never been installed. I will sell this for much less!!! It's never going to get used sitting around here. Let me know if you have any interest.
Looks like a really cool build. I can’t believe you still have it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate that. Unfortunately many projects were pushed to the side as my Dad battled health issues for many years. I'm thankful for all the extra years. He has since passed so its time for some of his toys and projects to find new homes so they can truly be enjoyed. I'm sure someone has a need for this. I'm willing to let it go for less to the right person that will actually use it. If someone is truly interested, we could discuss having our original builder put it back on the dyno for proof of operation. Lets talk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts