Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy picked up a T-5 from a 1999 mustang and he can't seem to find the torque rating anywhere. the numbers on the trans are 13-52-260 (XR3R-7003DA)
Any info would help

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I bumped into this site on my search too, I guess they didnt change the torque rating from 300ftlbs or they would have mentioned it. The top of the case is shaped differently though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It could be a T 45 trans. I think they changed types when ford went to modular engines which was 96. If the top case is rounded it is a T 45 but I am not sure. Mike

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the top of the case is round but is there any other factors that would determine that its a t45? I has the same bolt pattern as a t-5 but it has the longer input shaft like the 1995 t-5's

·
Registered
175 Posts
I agree with you. it's a T5. I thought Ford changed to T45s with the modular engines unless it for a v6 mustang? Most of my experience is with 93 and older T5s. Sorry I couldn't Help. Mike

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no worries man, thanks for the info though, I think I can pick up a t45 really cheap and it might live behind this 429 I got because T56 are really hard to come across nowadays. I'm not using this one I just wanted the info on it before I post it for sale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts