Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Boy David - they get expensive, but if you really like comfort and good looks Recaro's are hard to beat. You might want to consider looking through boneyards for something though.....never know what you are going to find. I got a set from a guy on craigslist a few weeks back. They came out of a BMW and he had removed all the electric switches/wiring/components for $50!! Very nice cream leather - I may have them recovered when I get that far unless I can match teh rear seat to this color..? They measure very close to the seats in the cat...

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
How about 69 headrest seats. You could fashion 68 XR7 foam and covers for originality. Otherwise your imagination is the key.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boy David - they get expensive, but if you really like comfort and good looks Recaro's are hard to beat. You might want to consider looking through boneyards for something though.....never know what you are going to find. I got a set from a guy on craigslist a few weeks back. They came out of a BMW and he had removed all the electric switches/wiring/components for $50!! Very nice cream leather - I may have them recovered when I get that far unless I can match teh rear seat to this color..? They measure very close to the seats in the cat...
What year and model was the BMW?

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I'm not sure - I didn't ask the guy - it was a 80's vinatage I think. I was just checking sizes and it seemed to be close enough. They are multi-adjustable with lumbar support too - which I think is a must IMO.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Look in the wrecking yards for 1989-1990 Cougar XR7, or 1989 to 1995 Thunderbird Super Coupe bucket seats. They are high back, with Bolster, lumbar, etc. Very nice seats, full power controle, etc. Shouldn't be too much to have them recovered if needed.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
try 2001 hona prelude w/o power---power tends to get taller---these have lumbar-removable head rests---map pocket and tilt---pass goes foreward when the backrest goes foreward---and a flat mounting pattern---i made plasma cut 1/4 plates with studs---mounts in the stock holes----they are narrow enough for a console and have the female seat belt buckel attached to the inside edge---no more dinged console's---look great reupholstered in cougar pattern
doctordesoto

·
Registered
5 Posts
Look in the wrecking yards for 1989-1990 Cougar XR7, or 1989 to 1995 Thunderbird Super Coupe bucket seats. They are high back, with Bolster, lumbar, etc. Very nice seats, full power controle, etc. Shouldn't be too much to have them recovered if needed.
Are those a direct bolt in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts