Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate like heck that I couldn't go this spring but family commitments prevented that. Also I think the wisdom of Clint Eastwood applies to me...."A man's got to know his limitations", and with the pending landscaping project I'm doing outside my shop here soon, I don't have the extra money to spend at Columbus. I know my limitations, and a good nos part for my cougar would be hard to turn down...........
How did you guys that went do? Any good deals?

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
I went there with almost a grand in cash burning a hole in my pocket, and a virtually unlimited budget on the plastic (thanks to an understanding wife that wants to see my Cats back on the road)

Well, there may have been a smattering of Cougar parts, mostly early stuff, and virtually nothing for my 71-73s. There was one used hood, a used door and one NOS ($575) quarter panel. There were a few 73 grill shell plastic emblem inserts at over $200/ea and the one guys emblems were heat damaged (warped). The 71-73 quarter pillar emblems were fetching over $100/pr for used and $250/pr for NOS.

Virtually all of the big Classic Mustang and Cougar vendors had nothing on hand to sell, but they were taking orders. Dammit, I like to see what I'm getting. I guess I'll just have to order stuff.

Dan and 70Bluecat were the only board members I met at John's Cougars at noon. Oh, and BTW, I was the only one at the show wearing a Hawaiian shirt! Even outside I was wearing just the short sleeved Hawaiian shirt, and it was 38 degrees and windy.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Well I was all set to go, I even took a t-shirt wrote hawaiian shirt on it and was going to were it over my levi jacket. Looked out the window at 5:30am and saw nothing but a big sheet of ice all over the place,watched the weather report and went back to bed....
Jon

·
Registered
106 Posts
Cougrrcj said:

Virtually all of the big Classic Mustang and Cougar vendors had nothing on hand to sell, but they were taking orders. Dammit, I like to see what I'm getting. I guess I'll just have to order stuff.

Dan and 70Bluecat were the only board members I met at John's Cougars at noon. Oh, and BTW, I was the only one at the show wearing a Hawaiian shirt! Even outside I was wearing just the short sleeved Hawaiian shirt, and it was 38 degrees and windy.
John's Cougar's, Heh?......ask them about a Ford Regulalator pigtail for a 69 Cougar. The one they sold me not only won't fit the regulator but the wiring is the wrong configuration. But with JCC Cougars aren't a sideline......Right!!!!!!

At least you could talk with them, when I call it is always a busy signal or they are not there. Emails?.....they don't answer.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Im done shopping

I got there early and picked up the belt line I needed got some door pins and spoiler gaskets.Met Milo and Gerry I had a hooded swet shirt on.My shopping list is complete.Now I just have to get the Den put up and dig in.Was it me or it seemed that everything was more expensive this year.Ive been doing the swaps around here for about 2 years now and I know the Columbus one is a big event but I guess hard times has hit the swap fairs too_Oh well at least all I have to do is buy the paint.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I didnt get to go! Had to spend the day getting the front end finished enough on the mustang to get it to roll to its new home in a few weeks.

I WILL be at the fall swap! No goofy shirts for me. mm

·
Registered
99 Posts
went sat and sun, looking for some parts for my 69 couldnt find what i needed.
I,m with mark no shirts for me either.
wish there were more people with cougar stuff,
maybe we all need to get together to set up are own, cougar swap meet.

anyone want to buy a 69 with a 4.6 cobra motor and 6 speed trans?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Mark........

Mark,
I know I've only got to check in on here sparingly as of late but do I remember you having a mustang? What year are you restoring? Keith

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Keith, I picked up a 68 fastback. I'm still keeping my eyes open for another Cougar though! Maybe a vert for the wife. I just couldnt find the right one for the pro street project and this Mustang kinda fell in my lap! mm

·
Registered
120 Posts
Went Saturday looking for a hood....the only one I found that was rust free was $400 at John's.....no thanks (it even came with a dent). I guess I'll be ordering a fiberglass hood soon. I did find a fiberglass front bumper for $15 that I really have no use for....maybe I'll paint it and hang it over my bar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts