Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we use the one piece long pan on a convertible floor for each side or is there a different long pan for convertibles. I have the long one piece style for hardtop for passenger and one for driver,but i know the seat risers are different,but is the bottom pans.
thanks
John
doing a 70 convertible

·
Registered
97 Posts
the differance between my h/t and convert was the hard top floor pans have a lip on the rocker side that turns up and spot welds to the inner rocker.

on my convert it was cut off and they were spot welded from the bottom up into that extra inner rocker that is added to the converts.

when i replaced mine with long pans thay were made for the converts. the lip was turned down instead of up for the hard tops.
i left that lip on there except where the lower seat riser meets the rocker, that made it easyer to slide the pan in.

( i did not totaly remove the lower seat riser that is under the floor pan.) and that also left an added lip to weld to.
my inner rockers were crusty inside and that extra lip should help to spead the load.
and i think that is the only differance that i can remember.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, I know I have a few other convertible guys that have used the hardtop ones, and said they would work, but figured, there had to be some kind of modifying with the floor having that inner rocker.Thanks saves me from ordering any for my this project. Thanks Again
John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts