Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
After a bit of advice from those more experienced for cleaning up wheel wells/around suspension. The rub here is that it has to be done where it is in the garage which precludes pressure washers, too much mess/water. Also which solvents to use for grease removal which won't damage the paint (too much). This is part of a 'replace master cylinder' which inevitably turned into 'replace hard lines, rubber lines, refurb calipers and front suspension'! Just can't bring myself to bolt new stuff on without cleaning up first.
Thanks
Stephen

·
Registered
389 Posts
really not going to be an easy way to do it w/o making a mess....that said...id still use the pressure washer...just aim towards the back and then hose off the floor under the car.... i pressure wash/mop my garage floor once or twice a month as it is....

grease/road grime cleaning is kinda a compromise IMO...either use extremely harsh chemicals (brake cleaner, etc) and not much pressure (that will damage paint) or mild chemicals and lots of pressure or elbow grease....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Pressure washer might be to much, a good de-greaser repeat steps until clean, nylon brush, grout brush, gloves ets....... dilute with hot water. Lay towels on the ground and work a section at a time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts