Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm mainly a lurker, as most of the info I need I find on here fairly quickly and don't need to post up questions, however I've run into a bit of a stumper for me.

I'm looking at a set of wheels for my '67 cat from velocity motoring, their V705's. I love me some 5 spoke action and they have a concave look to die for, imho. The only problem is right now they only offer the wheels in 19", brand new design. I was thinking about going with their 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear set up. I can figure out tire size later, I'm wondering if these will fit my cat? Will I need to roll the fenders, possibly a little pull too?

Is anyone else running 19" wheels on their car? Pics would be a big help.

Wheel spec:
19x8.5 et 35mm 6.1" backsapce
19x9.5 et 22mm 6.1" backspace

Picture of the wheels

·
Registered
257 Posts
They will require a spacer, and a LOW profile tire, but I dont see why they wouldn't work? I just have 17's but they fit fine...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply poohbair, I just saw somewhere that someone is running a 9.5" wide wheel with a backspacing of 6.25" and it barely clears the leafs in the rear. I may have to rethink this a bit. I'll probably end up running either 17 or 18" wheels anyways. I love the look when the wheel itself seems to fill the wheel well.

What 17's are you running? Do you have any pictures of your set up?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, they look good, just never been a fan of the bullitt wheels. They never really looked right to me, unless they were on a 94-98 stang, too rounded for a car with a lot of sharp angles. I was trying to think a little out the box on this one. But if I do end up going with mustang wheels, it'll be a staggered set up with either, 03-04 cobra's, 99-04 saleen style, or FR 500's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts