Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Soon to be on the market... these are excellent reproductions of a small yet important piece. These are the end caps that are used to mount the pull straps on 69-70 XR-7 Cougars, as well as other Lincoln / Mercury cars those years. The front cover piece sticks on with the included 3M double-sided tape. The texture is ever so slightly different from the original (see comparison pic) but the difference is very minor. They both have a brushed finish. I don't know of an exact ETA or price, but maybe Don will pitch in with that info if he knows.

And now my favorite part: pictures!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Nice to know. I assumed, since all four of my inserts are missing, that they were of simulated wood for the XR7.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yyyyeeeaaaahhhh!! (Enter applause here.)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Awesome, another piece I will be buying.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Wow. Very cool.

Will the stick-on parts be available separately?

Now if only someone would produce a decent repro pull strap. In Saddle, please......

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Nice to know. I assumed, since all four of my inserts are missing, that they were of simulated wood for the XR7.
Not in 69/70.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
I have a little baggie full of the end pieces and covers.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I have a little baggie full of the end pieces and covers.
The best time to sell then is before the reproductions are available.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
I have learned my lesson... I no longer commit to when something will be available or what the price will be as 2 things ALWAYS happen. It takes longer than you think and cost more, just like when you restore your car. Impossible to factor in shipping, customs, tooling changes, exchange rate, strikes, wars, plagues, riots and???? These are coming just in time, we are down to our last few used ones.

<table id="Contents Table" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="600"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td width="600">1969 - 1970 Mercury Cougar XR7 / Lincoln Grab Handle End Cover - Used
(Click Here for More Information or to Order)

Part #: C8MB-5422678-A
Price:<s>$19.85</s>
$6.85

Die-cast cover for the chromed grab handle end. NOTE! Unlike the parts pictured, we only have pitted covers left. At present we have no grade "A" examples. C8MB-5422678-A Brushed stainless steel cover for the chromed grab handle end part number C9MB-5422668-A.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
508 Posts
Wow. Very cool.

Will the stick-on parts be available separately?

Now if only someone would produce a decent repro pull strap. In Saddle, please......
Ditto, for the covers and the saddle pull straps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts