Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 68 has a tilt-a-way steering column that had been removed. I have repaired it, I think, and am reinstalling it. I have never actually seen one that was correctly installed and I can't find a picture of the vacuum assembly while it is in the car. I was told that it attaches to the lower edge of the dash to the right of the steering wheel. When I try to do that it won't fit between the windshield wiper motor and the heater motor. Can someone give me some detailed advice or a picture?
Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
648 Posts
Tom,

Do you have a shop manual? If not, I'll check mine when I get home and see if there are any diagrams...

Ken

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ken, I have a shop manual and also the specific tilt repair manual but they only show schematics, not any pictures or anything that shows exactly where the vac assembly is attached. I think that I need either a picture or some advice from someone who has one installed. Any help is appreciated. I feel like I am putting together a puzzle with 500 identical pieces. I have tried to fit it in everwhere and in every orientation that will reach the attaching cable from the steering column. I know that when I get it right, I will say "Doh".
Thanks,
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts