Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok It was raining in my trunk the other day.. and then I noticed nothing was working. Well I let everything dry out and I only blew the fuses in my stereo amps, but my sequentials are messed up too. The lights closets to the center and the lights in the middle both work properly, but the third lights (the lights furthest to the outside of the car) both do not come on. All the lights come on when I brake like they should. They do not come on when either left or right turn signals are engaged or when the emergency flashers are on. It is as if there was no third light at all as far as the sequentials go. So you can imagine this pisses me off.

I took the white cover off and checked out the cam and all the connections and it all looked fine and works properly.

I took apart that other box next to the white one with the two bumps on it and all the wires plugged into it and it all looks fine and works properly from what I can tell.

So what is the problem. Am I missing something small like a blown fuse? What's going on? I really don't want to have to replace everything :( thanks for any help I get! - Chad

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
This might be a stupid question but is the filament in the bulb good. Brakes and signals work off seperate filaments.

It's been awhile sinse I touched a 68 signal system, sorry.

Rick

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they use the same filament, but in either case yes they are good bulbs. - Chad

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh well that running cat is pretty cool at least. I have this great electrician guy downtown that can fix it, but he is real expensive. - Chad

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sounds like the contact point on the third cam (in the white box) is not making contact. It may be closing but the contact point may be dirty so the current is not getting thru. Clean them up with some fine sand paper. Let me know if you need a wiring diagram.

Bert

1 - 6 of 6 Posts