Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - first post..!

Just in the process of clearing my garage out and starting the journey on perfecting my '68 302. It ran last I checked about 10 years ago but has been sitting on my dad's farm since.

It needs: complete exhaust kit including manifold (currently one cracked), carb, tires, center wheel caps, driver's upholstery (probably both seats to match), rust hole in passenger side floor, small amounts of bodywork here and there, paint job, maybe a new vinyl topper too and probably a million other things. Otherwise, it's all pretty much there! It's a CA car I've had ever since 10th grade (1984).

Should be a fun project. I was lucky enough to find a '68 parts car (XR7) before I left CA 10 years ago and have a good amount of parts from it. First thing I did back then, was yank the entire power steering array off it and bolt it right straight on to mine. haha.

A little torn on whether to go with a standard resto or go the hot rod route with this car.

Anyways, looks like you'll be seeing me around on this forum to pick some brain.

I'll post some pics next weekend after I crack it open to begin the resurrection.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Welcome to the madness, you will find a lot of help, just ask away.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Be anticipating pictures!! I don't know if there is a standard restoration!! You have a lot of choices to make. Do you want a driver, a show car, a fun hot rod? How much time and money do you want to put into it? I can tell you that what ever you decide it will be a fun and interesting ride! An awful lot to learn and this is the place to learn it!! Most everyone here is here to learn and to help others.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome guys.

We'll have to see if my wallet has the stomach for a real nice show car - lol... but I think my main goal is to have something for a little fun as a summer weekend street cruiser/hotrod. I've already got some things under the hood going on (MSD unit, Mallory distrib). So maybe the end goal is somewhere in between... classic outside and slowly turning into a monster under the hood as the wallet allows. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts