Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all my wife and I introduced ourselves a while back when we got our 68 Cat but didnt post a ny pics of her. And now we have started deconstruction of the Cat and I figured I share some pics as we go along and as I will be having tons of questions through out this build.

The roof rusted out from a vinyl top..My wife wants another vinyl top on it so I might jus fiberglass the whole roof and put a n ew top on but I want to weld a new roof on..havent decided on that yet but so far other than the roof everything dosent look that bad..YET!!! havent got the carpet and seats out yet to see the floors...and ways lets me know what ya think and again this is like our second introduction so hello from sunny California

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
^^x2 it's structural to the car. Every now and then somebody's selling a good one. You should call around to the cougar yards and see if you can get one...WCCC is a good place to start

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
X 3, do not try to "Rube Goldberg" a repair. A new roof is the only proper way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol..Rube Goldberg......whos that? But I feel what you guys are sayin....I jus finished this same roof replacement job on a 72 monte carlo so I guess now Ill hunt down a roof for this Cat..so I can now start to cut this one off..hunting down all the spot welds....oh joy!!!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
CougarChick68, if you really don't know RUBE GOLDBERG, then GOOGLE his name and learn all about him.

You must be a YOUNG GUY or GIRL, and nothing is wrong with that, I don't see your age listed in the upper right hand corner of your post?.

Have a great day.

Dale in Indy

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
CougarChick68, if you really don't know RUBE GOLDBERG, then GOOGLE his name and learn all about him.

You must be a YOUNG GUY or GIRL, and nothing is wrong with that, I don't see your age listed in the upper right hand corner of your post?.

Have a great day.

Dale in Indy
Well... I just learned something too

Jean

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
The fun game "Mouse Trap" some of us had as a kid is a good example of Rube's sort of work.
That's one of the fun things about having kids - you get to play with all that stuff again.

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
That's one of the fun things about having kids - you get to play with all that stuff again.
Amen to that! We just had a Rock 'Em Sock 'EM Robot tournament at our place.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
The fun game "Mouse Trap" some of us had as a kid is a good example of Rube's sort of work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_Trap_(board_game) Include the last ")", the site SW does not include it as part of the URL for some reason.
Funny how just using a cliche can spark dormant interest. After using the term/name "Rube Goldberg", it spurred me into wanting to know/see more of this character. Ordered up this used book in hardcover, just for fun:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I think his(Rube Goldbergs) inspiration came from Tom & Jerry.....or vice versa......

Good luck on the project....roof replacement looks fun!

·
Registered
780 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts