Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
What were the first 7 original designs of the Hotwheel introduced in 1967? I know, not quite...
I think I see one H.O. slot car, the Cougar, and one regular Matchbox, top left. I don't recognize what make it's supposed to be. And maybe one or two "Superfast" Matchbox cars. Not sure. I'm trying to remember 45+ years ago. The only one that I'm sure is a Hotwheel is the bottom left. By any chance, are they all different brands?
The Mustang may be a slot car with foam rubber tires while the Cougar has the hard rubber tires?

·
Registered
943 Posts
What car manufacturer no longer exists ? (mercury) :smoke:

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Originally Posted by CatsRock
What car manufacturer no longer exists ? (mercury) :smoke:
Good one...!
But Plymouth also does not exist any more. I see a Hurst Baracuda in the back row.

My Final Jeopardy question is What were the new body styles for 1967?

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Looks like 5 of the 7 have hideaway headlights so that's not it.

·
Contributing Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The final jeopardy question is...

What were the 7 model car (no pun intended) candidates for Motor Trend Magazine’s 1967 CAR OF THE YEAR AWARD?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The final jeopardy question is...

What were the 7 model car (no pun intended) candidates for Motor Trend Magazine’s 1967 CAR OF THE YEAR AWARD?
This was fun.
Why would there only be 7 candidates? Not fair. Who'd want to brag that they're the "best of 7" when there's a lot more than 7 out there? I'd think every model would be candidate. How does a car qualify/not qualify? Does it have to be a new model, or new body style of an old model?

·
Contributing Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This was fun.
Why would there only be 7 candidates? Not fair. Who'd want to brag that they're the "best of 7" when there's a lot more than 7 out there? I'd think every model would be candidate. How does a car qualify/not qualify? Does it have to be a new model, or new body style of an old model?
In the sixties just to be a nominated for car of the year sold cars. Motor Trend was great PR for Detroit.

Everyone has an award now.

Motor Trend explains it all in the January and February 1967 issues.

They use words such as "industry trend", "specialty"

Here is one tidbit that the MT said about the cougar in the Jan issue.

" There may only be one body style, but you can mix it's innards around to a degree not possible in the other cars".

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yea, that was fun :beer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts