Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a set of American Racing TT 2's (all 4) 17X7 with a 4.5 BS. - Ford bolt pattern- They were fully polished - now have been blacked out. Asking $500 for the set or best offer - located in the SF bay area - email me @ [email protected]

Rims were prepped - Grade 0000 steel wool to ruff up the spokes, primer grey the first coat and three additional black coats of semi-gloss after each wave of drying.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
How were they prepared for the BLACK OUT? Were they blasted to remove the shine, and were they powder coated? Were they rattle can painted?

Thanks,

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How were they prepared for the BLACK OUT? Were they blasted to remove the shine, and were they powder coated? Were they rattle can painted?

Thanks,

Dale in Indy
I did not want to remove the shine just in case I wanted to revert back to the polished look. Yes rattle can, taping the rims up nearly took 45 minutes each, as I wanted them to look like they came that way. They are not show quality, but look very decent standing next to them.

·
Registered
389 Posts
so...they are just spray painted over polished aluminum....excellent information for anyone who wants them. glad someone asked before they bought them and the paint fell off in the car wash.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HA.. I see somebody has their clown suit on tonight...like anyone here still brings their classic cat through a car wash.

·
Registered
389 Posts
haha ok ok u got me. but we all know rattle can paint wont stick to shiny polished aluminum...for very long. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol..it's cool BarneyFife :) - yup, you are right it won't last long, but if you maintain them carefully it works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts