Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how Ford Dealers figure labor costs on jobs? I know they have it built in to a software program; used to be a book. I just got a call from my Insurance adjuster, and after paying me for parts. I have $720. left over for Prep/Painting of the Hood. Prep and paint for the Air cleaner, Engine detailing to get the Fire Retardant out. Then what ever is left over goes to my labor?

I don't think it can be done?

Repairs needed:

Initial cleaning under hood.
Hood removal/prep/paint/replacement/alignment
Air Cleaner removal/prep/paint/replacement
Distributor removal/replacement (R/R)
Carb (R/R)
Coil (R/R)
Temp Sensor (R/R)
Wiring Harness (3 wire rebuild) (R/R)
Radiator Hose, upper (R/R)
Heater Hoses (R/R)
P/S Belt (R/R)
Partial Drain, refill of antifreeze
Fuel Filter (R/R)
Tuning of new Carb/Distributor
Final detailing- (soot everywhere)

I don't think I can get the hood and air cleaner painted at a shop for $720.- let alone have any left over for my Labor. What are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I agree with you. Most places charge between $50 & $90 per hour for labor so that figure is only 8-15 hours, not including materials or additional parts. You can probably get all the R & R stuff done for that price but you certainly couldn't have the hood professionally removed and painted or the engine compartment well detailed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know where there is a flat rate book online?

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you can do this, I would go and get 3 quotes from 3 different shops and produce that information for your adjuster to review and chew on. Got to compare apples to apples.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts