Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay folks i asked for help with my flywheel problem and yall came through, so now i need to know which pulleys i will need for an 86 302 in my 68? I have went form a 3 hole balancer to the 4 hole and my water poump pulley will not fit? Anyone found the right ones at a bone yard, If so off of what kind of car or truck?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
If the 86 motor had a serpintine belt I have some bad news for you. You will need to change the timing coer and water pump to an old style. The pump on serpintine systems runs backwards and you can't just change the water pump or it will leak. I had the opposite problem when putting an older 302 in an 89 truck. At minumim you will have to get an older style pulley and maybe a water pump.
Good Luck
John
wvcat

·
Registered
889 Posts
check this site out

Its a company that sells serpentine belt hook ups for older cars www.marchperf.com they have lots of set ups for older motors price isnt bad either

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I have put the old stlyle timing cover and water pump I was just wondering if there is a pully off of a car with the later 4 bolt balancer I could use the pullys off of? I have heard that the late 70s truck should have what I need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts