Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its been a little over a year since it all started but its finaly getting there.
before, you can see it shined ok but some rust starting and bad dondo work pealing off. i decided after the show season id get it redone.

striped it over the winter and drove it to the body shop as soon as the snow melted.

after the bulk off the body work was done me and the painter decided the engine bay needed to be blasted and painted so with some help from my dad out came the motor and trans.

i got the motor rebuilt while it was out and rebuilt the trans myself

all apart almost ready for paint

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
C5, that's a nicely detailed engine. Looking forward to seeing pics of the car after it's painted. John

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
top going on after paint

got it back thursday

me and dad droping the motor/trans in

paint has a great reflection

still have a list of thing need doing, majior stuff includes headliner, all new glass, seats redone, new dash, magnum 500's and tires and a hole bunch of small things. i dont think its to bad for a young kids life saveings, im afraid to add up all the money ive spent since ive takend over the car 3 yrs ago :uhoh:

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Nice work, at least you saved some money doing some of the work. Paint looks awesome, congrats.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
thanks. i had it all typed out but was to long for the site and it all got erased
DOH, don't you hate when it does that. Very impressive. :ylsup:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
VERY nice work. That is one good looking cat. I bet you are one proud papa.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Good job, love that green, could be the color of Envy (excited by the sight of another's superiority or success) stay on your dad's good side.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Nice to see a young fellow into a classic and doing a great job on it, doubly great that Dad is part of it as well. Bravo!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the kind words. il get some more pics up as i make progres

stay on your dad's good side.
lol you have it wrong. dad has to stay on my good side so il let him drive, he also wants me to get his car going for this sumer (lincoln in background)

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Hey good idea on the blankets and stuff to prevent scratches. I will remember that.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Wow it's looks great! You must be so excited to get it up and running, I know I was and then realized how super paranoid I got and scared to drive it anywhere when I finished.

(Sorry I didn't mean to scare you.)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great job. It's nice to see a young man put his sweat and money into a classic. We need more like you involved in the hobby.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i had a half day at work. figured id get it running tonight but the rain put a stop to that since my gargae isnt big enough to do any real work in:angryfi:. i did get a few more misc things done though and snaped a couple pics for you guys.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
That is a nicely detailed engine compartment C5. :ylsup: John

·
Registered
780 Posts
Wow! Great Job! Very clean and impressive.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Holy crud! Great work dude. That is looking awesome. I give you huge props for keeping it mostly original.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts