Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears the emergency flasher unit on the old '68 has gone by the wayside. All I have left is a central blinking light. Any suggestions or recommendations for a vendor to provide replacement parts????
Thanks all, --MG

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Vic yarberry, the owner of Cougars Unlimited is an awesome guy, and is the crowned king of anything to do with Cougar Turn/Brake/Emergency lights...

Guaranteed he'll be able to take care of you...

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
You Know.......It's funny you mention that.....
I was checking out all my lights funtions last night and I found the same thing. I thought it was the way they were 'sapouse to work. The turn signals work as advertised, as do the brake lights and running lights. Now I'm confused.... What should they be doing?????

Don:rolleyes:

·
Registered
406 Posts
On my 68 XR-7 when I switch the emergency flashers on, it works as though both the left and right turn signals were working together at the same time. I believe this is the correct way that they should work. - Chad

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The loss of the sequencing lights is due to the emergency flasher being out (burned that is). This will cause just the center light to blink in the rear when signaling to turn. I am trying to find the replacement flasher so that my lights will live to sequence again.
--MG

·
Registered
406 Posts
Something odd about that is that on my Cougar a wire became disconnected inside this little metal box thing [i don't know what it does, but it's something important to do with the taillights hehe] and both of the center lights didn't work, but the rest of the lights did. I love sequencials, but man do they have problems. - Chad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts