Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok well i had yet another idea...cause i have nothing but time right now...lol
I was thinking that maybey we could all set up a time and place to meet at the Nats so we could all meet each other. I think it would be great for people from here to all meet in person.
Just a Idea but Steve you will have to let us know the layout of the ground and or any other place that would work for such a gathering:)
PLMK what you all think...oh and i am making up a list of names of those who are going..so if your name is not on your sig please post it here.

*Updated*
This is what i have so far:
Polanskys -- Steve
Royce Peterson
First Eliminator-- Mark P.
Bruce
Paul G.
Jim Karamis
70-Eliminator-- Guy
73XR7-- Dave (duh)
Zero Tolerance-- Mike
drush5 -- Dan

If your name is not listed that just means i do not know your real name...lol
If you could please let me know on this post so i can update the list as needed:)
Thanks all for your time and i look foward to seein you all!

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Hey, you might try the Hawaiian shirt deal. Unless, of course, they're the choice of casual wear in Jersey like they are out in L.A.. You guys from that area will have to be the guides on that.

With that said, let's just say that at least I will be wearing a Hawaiian shirt to the big Ford Spring Swap in Columbus this weekend. I know that Hawaiian shirts are not big in this neck of the woods in April! :lol: And any of you guys who are going this weekend and see the weirdo in the Hawaiian shirt had better introduce yourselves this time. I mean, many of you saw me walking around wearing my 71-73 Cougar t-shirt last year and didn't say peep. :mad:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL thats funny i can picture you in a Hawaiian shirt...lol
Anywho will you be making it to the East nats? IKnow it's a bit away but it would be nice to see Alpha cat up close!

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Dave, if you wanna see AlphaCat up close, you're gonna have to wait until the 2004 East Nats in Louisville! Atlantic City is a bit far to drive at ~9mpg and with 3.91 gears, burning $4/gal racing fuel - LOL!

The wife is making noises that she'd be up to driving BeatCat to Louisville as well! Now I just have to finish putting AlphaCat together, then start on the restoration of BetaCat... I'm gonna be a very broke busy boy for the next year!!!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
i would like to go but unfortanetly due to my job and not having enough vacation time saved up i will not be attending the nats in `03 but over the year i may do some modifications to my vert and may wait to tear it down after the 04 nats. Got a lineup on parts already so may enjoy it 1 more season
thanks
pat

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'll be there for sure!!! It's only an hour drive for me so no problem. My cat is no where near ready for a show, but I'm entering it anyway!!! The more cats the better!!!! Being a lime green convertible....my cat and I shouldn't be hard to find. So come over and say hi!!

Dan

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dan,
I hear ya on the nowhere near ready part, hell mine is not even registerd or insured right now...lol Thankfully i will have money to take care of that very soon. I will be in a mixture of Ginger and primer...lol Altho i have no idea what class to go in either. I suggested the mangy cat class but First Eliminator said mine was to nice..so now i am confused...lol

I will come a looking for ya Dan
Dave

·
Registered
588 Posts
Which Bruce? :) If you mean me, I should be easy to find. I'll be judging or by Donna's Restomod. I'll be the tall beanstick that seems to be moving on it's own. :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
We will have the rear of the property blocked off for cougars only. We haven't done the formal layout for the outdoor registration desk, possibly DJ table etc. There is a loading dock in the rear of the hotel which will probably be our wash area. That may be the easiest landmark for a meeting. Name tags may be a good idea. I'll bring it up at our April meeting.

Steve

·
Registered
89 Posts
You should be able to find me, I'll be wearing a Cougar T-shirt.

·
Registered
329 Posts
03 Nats

I'll be their this Is my first Cougar show for me and my STEELCAT It's also not 100% finish.It's about 3 hours away.It will also be the first time my Cat has run this far.Does thie website have Road side Service,or what parts and supplies I need to bring with me. 70 XR7 Ragtop-Michael

·
Registered
544 Posts
Mike

One of the members of CCNJ owns ABC Discount Auto Parts. They have about 15 stores. If you need parts here we should be able to get most. You will also find other cougar owners carry extra parts and there will be a wealth of technical advise available from those attending the Nats.
At the 2001 Nats in Virginia I had a problem with my starter on the way down. I was able to get a starter, battery and cables for my 428 at the local NAPA store in Williamsburg.
I do the trip to Carlisle every year by myself. Just carry my AAA card. For Virginia we had a caravan. We started in NJ (2 meeting points north and south) and met up with another group in Maryland. If you can hook up with others driving down from your area. If not you will still be fine. The trip is more fun with a group. We kept in touch with FRS radios.

Steve

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Steve ,
thats a good idea if anyone would like to collaborate on a caravan from the upper area states..IE:Mass, Conn., NY, NHand on..I would gladly help. Also if anyone here can help me get my cat along a bit faster that would be a tremendous help!
Contact me on AIM if you like at:
Ginger73XR7
or e-mail @ [email protected]

I would love to make a caravan out of this!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had a idea for us meeting in Danbury Ct if anyone would like to here is a pic of the map from Danbury,CT to Mnt. Laurel, NJ

If you would like a map from where you lie to Danbury let me know:)

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fairly straight to you man you live there to me it's a nightmare of twisted highways...lol
J/k i like your state just never drove there

1 - 20 of 34 Posts