Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Im not really into the slammed look but man, that is sweeet!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I saw that in person at World Of Wheels in '09.

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
New owner scored huge on getting that thing for only $115K at Scottsdale BJ last month.

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
I agree. It wouldnt take much to raise it back up and get the stance right. Really nice work and you couldnt touch it for that money. I would rather have old school power though.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Wouldn't even waste my time looking at it.

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
I wish I knew how to photoshop. All you have to do is raise that car up and put some 15 or 16 Shelby rims with nice fat rubber and it would be a totally differant car. I do not like the way it looks now but I do like the craftmanship and the attention to detail. Somebody please do a photoshop on this car.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I would bet it is AIR RIDE, so no problem getting up to ride height.

I'm not a big fan of AIR RIDE, but each his/her own.

Lots of work went into this car, second owner usually is the one that gets the deal.

I did a few pieces on a $400,000.00 truck last year for George Poteet, and know how much time/money it takes to build one-off cars/trucks. It won TRUCK OF THE YEAR for GoodGuys. Every single piece/bracket is a piece of art.

Dale in Indy

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Yep the burnt orange one is on bags. It doesn't HAVE to be parked as low as it is.... It is because it can.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
View attachment 24511 sorry but a complete unbelievable restoration cannot be ignored just because the car has drop spindles or something, thats freakin art right there. its still a cougar, its still in the class of being amazing, and to ignore that over ride height is to be a cool car lover and not a cougar lover.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
The gentleman that owned that car was once trying to sell it for 199,000.00 at 1 time.We had a link here to the beginning of the build up to the latest pics we see here.Although i do like it as well, i think i would use the money for a 428cj or a boss 302 eliminator.But thats my opinon,to me this car would be better in a showroom cause of all the detailed work done to it.

thanks
Pat

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
ken68cat, my brother lived in Rockwall. He had the restaurant, SMITTY'S ROADHOUSE GRILL. He passed away two plus years ago, bad story. He lived on the corner not far away in the large white house and shop behind such. He was a car guy, had a GT-40 Ford plus other cars, and a couple older Indy cars.

Yep, the truck is GREEN, it is a Beech Craft airplane color.

Dale in Indy

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
ken68cat, my brother lived in Rockwall. He had the restaurant, SMITTY'S ROADHOUSE GRILL. He passed away two plus years ago, bad story. He lived on the corner not far away in the large white house and shop behind such. He was a car guy, had a GT-40 Ford plus other cars, and a couple older Indy cars.

Yep, the truck is GREEN, it is a Beech Craft airplane color.

Dale in Indy
Cool Dale, Wish I could have met him, and sorry for your loss. lots of car guys around but no Cougars, yet...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts