Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just wanted to alert anybody on the Easternshore of Md. and Delaware to be on the lookout for stolen parts ; or of anybody that knows of any unusual parts being scrapped at Scrap Yards.
These parts would include 390 and 428 intakes ( 1 edelbrock aluminum ), heads, timing covers, Hooker headers, rods with pistons, and buckets and bins full of motor parts. A complete 68 302 motor in pieces
A couple of the intakes were 69/70 Cobra Jet plus a Set of CJ pistons with rods. 67-68 Front and rear bumbers (3 sets ) , 1 set of 4 67-68 cougar styled steel wheels, Holley carburators (4), ( 1 is a 67 GT 390 carb and very nice ) autolite 4300 carb 4V for a 69 , a 3 spd toploader for 68, One 69 9'' rear in pieces complete, plus numerous front and rear Valences and misc 67-68 cougar parts.
Unfortunately these parts may have gone or will be going to a local scrap yard near the Easternshore for minimal scrap value as compared to their true value.
This really sucks but I appreciate any info that someone may have, and yes the State Police are on alert and investigating this.
Some people these days are getting pretty hard up for cash. :uhoh:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Sorry about your stolen parts, I will do what I can!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks !
The sad thing is the scrap value is minimal , and it seems that is what they were after, lots of heavy parts.
Another sad thing is I can't get power to this property even though I have a power pole right across the street from this driveway. No neighbors will allow Delmarva Power to get me hooked up do to an old 1940 Right of Way. About a 10' discrepancy by a ditch even.
They have been robbed in the past as well, and you would think they would welcome new neighbors with more eyes and ears.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
This is sad, it would be good to contact the scrap yards as well to give them a heads up to report this if it comes in. Have you thought of solar panels and a system that can be set up for an alarm if ever this was to happen again?

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Drugs make people do bad things, and in this economy, I almost understand it. But I personally still think it is a shooting offense, getting caught B&E. Nothing I own is worth anyone elses life, except to me.
Perhaps you can buy it all back, by keeping an eye on the local craigs list??

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Is there anybody that knows you had the parts there that may have a need for quick $? --- Just saying, if it wasn't scrap thieves, it may be someone who knows the values?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Drugs make people do bad things, and in this economy, I almost understand it. But I personally still think it is a shooting offense, getting caught B&E. Nothing I own is worth anyone elses life, except to me.
Perhaps you can buy it all back, by keeping an eye on the local craigs list??
I couldn't agree more, I hate thieves. I'll keep an eye out on CL in case they make it this far. Is this posted on the other site?

·
Registered
270 Posts
It may also be a good idea to place an ad on local Craigslist, you never know, someone may have seen something.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all ! I have been looking on local Craigslist and even Ebay. The Md. State Police were very quick to respond and have notified local scrap yards. I will be searching them and local pawn shops. I also went to the Delmarva Cougar Club's Facebook and notified them. I have been meaning to join up there for a long time and have been missing out on meeting other Cougarholics. Life gets so busy you know. My guess is they were looking for heavy metal stuff. They walked by other parts that probably seemed harder to deal with, ( such as wheels with tires on ) They got a few good carbs and it will be a shame if they are scrapped. Took all my loose bumpers and so on and so on. What a Shame ! I'm pissed but I feel sorry for them. If they live this way one day it will end !

Cougar2 , yea I'm looking into Wind and solar, but in this county it has to be engineered and designed and I think professionally set up. Some estimates from a local shop are way to expensive. But if there is a way to do it I will find it !
And Thanks for posting this on the other site, I did join up there a little while ago but hadn't made a post yet. Till today , Thanks Again All !!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
What about one of those trail cams- those run on batteries, don't they? A couple of car batteries should be able to power one of those for a few weeks at a time. Just make sure it doesn't make noise or use a flash or your thieves will take that along with everything else.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
You might want to place a more or less generic ad on CL advertising to buy Cougar parts. You never know the thieves could wind up in a "World's Dumbest Criminals" episode if they respond. Good luck and Merry Christmas in spite of the loss.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm from the upper Eastern Shore and will be heading there tonight for Christmas. I'll try to get the word out.

As someone already mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if you knew the thieves.

Oh, and I think the trail camera idea is a good one. There are some higher end models that will email you the pictures they take. Expensive, but maybe worth it in your case.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats a good idea about a trail camera, I will check them out.

They also took all my 100 amp aluminum wire, 3 bundles of 130' plus the ground wire.
68/69 disc brake set up ( clean blasted ) , found 1 mounting bracket in the grass.
67/68 390 GT trans bracket , clutch fork , and a truck 390 bellhousing 7A29 date

Plus a Honda VTX 1800 Hypercharger
VTX 1800 Chrome radiator cover

Yea I got robbed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts