Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:1zhelp: I am looking at purchasing a dual quad setup to run on a 289 that I have. While researching prices for the setup that I want a friend asked me if I was interested in 3 deuces setup for my car. I told him that I'd love to run a 3-2 setup but wasn't aware that this was an option for me. I didn't think that anyone made a 3-2 setup to run on the 289 :confused:. I've only seen them (2-4) on the FE blocks, unless you count the Group II car. Does anyone know if theres a 3-2 setup made for the 289 and where I can locate it? I really like the 2-4 setup though :evil:, it would make my little 289 scream! But the fuel economy appeals to me for the 3-2 setup. Can someone shed some light on this subject for me :confused:? Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
3 duces

to my knowledge, a 3x2V carb set up was not a factory option, but it was a hipo parts available option that you could get for your 289 over the parts counter. These used 3, 2 bbl holleys that were notorious for freqent tuning. Mustangs/Cougars Unlimited has a 3x2V manifold and carb set up using autolite 2 bbl's that is supposed to stay in tune and offer good fuel economy, running off of 1 2bbl until you stand on it. The price is high though at around 1500.00 bux...I would love to get one, but the find it too pricey.

Good luck if you decide to source one out.
Johnny

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...

for the info. I really think I'm going to go with the 2-4 setup.

Does anyone else have any opinions on the 2-4 VS 3-2?

(Screw fuel economy, I want to let anybody that wants a piece to see the sequentials winking at them as I pull away! LOL!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts