Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang - I wanted to solicit some ideas about what kind of non-stock valve covers you may be using.

I've had the "Cobra Powered by Ford" ones for years. I don't think the wrinkle paint holds up well with the high underhood temps these cars generate. I sandblasted mine and painted them with Eastwood's wrinkle paint and they came out excellent.

But ... I had a hairline crack on one flange that broke big time when I bolted them back on. I may try to have them welded, but I'm not keen on the cast aluminum anymore. I like some color to offset the other stuff - I have an HPC type coating on my Edlebrock intake - so I'm thinking of switching to the Edelbrock finned valve covers without the script.

Not important ... just looking for ideas.

Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I loved the Moroso ones I had on my 351C.
Plain chrome with Moroso on them in raised lettering.
They were huge. Made my little 351 look like a big block. :cool:

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Valve covers

Alpha Cat wears Micky Thomson ( M/T ) black crinkle finned aluminum valve covers (if you remember these you gotta be old! ;) ). If'n the paint were to go bad, I have resprayed them in the past with normal black wrinkle paint. Never had a problem with it holding up though.

Beta Cat wears the factory covers. Y'know -- stealth mode! That entire motor looks all stock and factory, but has been subtley tweaked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts