Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have three sets of AC boxes (blower motor and heater core/AC Coil). I am going to keep one set for my current project but would be happy to sell the others. I also have at least one full set of extra ducts. All heater core boxes have the drain line intact.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Bill, since he posted in the 69-70 parts for sale section, I think it is safe to say they are for a 69/70.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Early '69 has a '67 /'68 style box and openings in the firewall. Not all '69 and '70 are the same.
Really? Very interesting Bill. I thought all 69/70's had the same stuff. Thanks for that, you learn something every day!

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
113 Posts
That is correct the early 69 evaporator boxes use the 67-68 tube pattern just with O-ring fittings on the evaporator.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These were '69 Cougar AC componants. I have a couple of extra blower motors and housings, extra ducts, wiring to the blower motor, etc. I have three original evaporator coils I have removed and plan to have pressure tested/ serviced. I have no reason to believe any have failed. Someone has already taken a heater core/coil box so I am done to my last spare one. (there is some wear on this one's drain plug, but I think you could still attach the drain hose ... which I've got. Happy to send photos if there is interest.) I'm holding onto the controls until I have a chance to test the set in the car (that could be some time). I also have (what I call) a spare octopus ... aka vacum lines to the back of the controller. If someone is interested ... please let me know. My daughter and I are enjoying this project.

·
Registered
384 Posts
These were '69 Cougar AC componants. I have a couple of extra blower motors and housings, extra ducts, wiring to the blower motor, etc. I have three original evaporator coils I have removed and plan to have pressure tested/ serviced. I have no reason to believe any have failed. Someone has already taken a heater core/coil box so I am done to my last spare one. (there is some wear on this one's drain plug, but I think you could still attach the drain hose ... which I've got. Happy to send photos if there is interest.) I'm holding onto the controls until I have a chance to test the set in the car (that could be some time). I also have (what I call) a spare octopus ... aka vacum lines to the back of the controller. If someone is interested ... please let me know. My daughter and I are enjoying this project.
How much are you looking for complete system, the two boxes and duct-work

·
Registered
384 Posts
Really? Very interesting Bill. I thought all 69/70's had the same stuff. Thanks for that, you learn something every day!

Regards,

Bob
There is an early and late 69. Some of the other items that I know of are flywheel (with weight and without) the paint line for the firewall (where the black starts for the cowl) and the AC as stated in this post)
I am sure there are others out there.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Stu,

I'm dropping a dime on you to "Hoarders" :buck:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd take $200 for a full set. That would include the defroster duct, the floor heater duct, the hard ducts to the lower dash, an untested AC coil, a used (but it looks good) heater core, a fan motor w/cage, both boxes and the duct to the main ac register in the dash.

The issue is shipping, I would have to include that as well. I'm in Dallas and this stuff is not light. If you want photos ... let me know and I can do that this weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts