Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 69XR7 ConVert spent 6 years on jacks in the driveway in the texas sun. I have spent the last year restoring her she is now legal to drive. I must have put to much under the hood, The tires just wont bite hard at all. Has anybody installed some traction bars that dont look like ****, or any ideas on how to keep her glued to the ground, both tires will not burning until half way through second gear.

351W/FMX/3:50to1 approx 425hp

·
Registered
266 Posts
Get some softer compound tires like goodyears. Or go wider. Does it hop at all?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
How about a couple big Texas girls in the back seat???? Just a joke now, my daughter lives in Texas.

How about some of those southside machine bars. You can tell me how they work since I have been eyeballing them. mm

·
Registered
110 Posts
traction

thumbs up to southside t bars. they work fine for me. 67 COUGAR GT 409c.i. FE motor c-6 trans 4:11 gear. take away the wheel hop and plants, providing you got 10'' wide rubber. engine makes over 450hp.:ylsup: :flash: :flash: :flash: :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
traction bars are too noticable...go with wide ass tires and drop a couple of PSI's out of the rear, they'll stick.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
yeah, the 295's stuck real nice on mine to, 4 speed, posi, etc. I had traction bars on but took them off, didnt need 'em. Try the southside bars, they arent noticeable.

·
Registered
168 Posts
shelby bars

A set of traction bars like shelby used werent that noticable. I suggest those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts