Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can help great, I just got off the phone with a guy in Santee who has a 70 for sale. He didnt know when he listed it in the auto trader that it would end up on trader online so he is not able to send any pictures of the car. It sounds like a nice car and the price is right I just hate buying sight unseen so I would appreciate it if anyone could e-mail me if they were close and had time to take a look at it for me. Even better if they owned a digital camera to take along. The guy was nice and said if I could get someone to look at it for me then to just give them his # and he would direct them to it.

Isnt there a Cougar club in San Diego? If so and anyone knows any of them please let me know. I would appreciate it. mm

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Yes there is Mark and i am sure that someone will help if not i could go down next weekend for you it is only three hour trip buty this weekend is booked for me and i cant get out of what i need to do.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I wouldnt ask anyone to do a 3 hr trip!!
I'm hoping someone is just down the street. mm

·
Registered
428 Posts
Oh, in that case, I might want to have a look at it for ya! As long as expenses are paid! ;)
Hey, I thought I'd might have a try, could end up with a nice couple of days in the sun, as you guys call it.
;)
Seriously, I hope it turns out to be something! Cool dare-devil dirt racers like MM deserve to have a nice cat to drive around!!
If you see what these guys around here have for dirt racers.... Horrible.

Good luck on finding a good cat for the 460!

Cheers!
Matthijs

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
hmm there are a few San Diego folk here...... hmm. oh yeah.. its only a 2 hour trip for me he he

·
Registered
246 Posts
I know someone in Santee, I'll ask her and see if she's busy. Otherwise she might be able to go get pix for me. :)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would help, just e-mail me and let me know and I'll give you his #.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know what? The members here are the best! Tim B says hes going to look it over for me and I just want to tell everyone how much I appreciate it. I just hope it turns out ok. Jason also had someone lined up to help so thanks to him also. mm

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CrazyCat, Thanks buddy, I appreciate it, but Tim got it covered today. I would like to thank Tim again. Sent a bunch of pic's and it has potential. I'm going to stew on it and make my decision tomorrow. mm

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
mark dont worry about drive times i have to drive an hour just to get grocerys but glad tim was able to help.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Well MM... What's the verdict????

Don

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Well?

Yes..... No.......... Maby????????...

Whats uupp?

Did you get it?

Shane...:1poke:

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
now here i thought he was going to do another SS.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well guys heres the verdict. As for this minute I'm going to pass on it. Just dont feel right about this one. The guy mislead me on some things that thanks to Tim I didnt have to learn the hard way.

NOT that I think its a bad car but when someone tells me the car is rust free with a near perfect int I expect just that. If he lied about these things what else can I belive. Now I just dont trust the fact that he stated to me no rust under the roof before the new vinyl was put on and I will not be having a vinyl roof on my car and dont want any surprises when I take it off. For the record I have passed on two other cars because of the vinyl roofs. One is only 1 1/2 hrs from my house. I can be too stubborn for my own good sometimes.

I want everyone to know how much I appreciate Tim looking the car over for me. He is one great guy, among others here. mm

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
mark i totally understand the vynal roof thing wont own em either and dont so it does make looking a little harder, and the guy may not of purposely mislead you his opinion may just be diffrent especially on interiors. out here a good interior is no where near as nice as one in your stomping grounds all a matter of area same as a good body in your neck o the woods i wouldnt think of owning. I will go by friday and take pictures of the 69 if it is still there it is a hardtop no vynal and i will nail him to a price so you can make a decision.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, I think I phrased that badly, mislead out of not knowing is probably better. Some other things are involved though as he told me he owned the car since 72 and Tim thought he told him he was the orignal owner. Really the int isnt that bad its just that it will cost about the same with the same amount of work to do one with a bad int. The rust on the doors though is hard for him to miss. It's still a good car for someone just not feeling right for me. I'm getting sicker all the time over the one I missed in Tuson though. mm

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
whats the asking price on that baby?
ya like i need another car!:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts