Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's funny because I just got back into the 67/68 cougars again within the past year, and have asked several questions on this board. I just remembered about my friend's cougar and thought maybe you guys can tell me what it was.........
This going back to around 1985........my friend bought a cougar without a drivetrain in it and I think we were told it was originally a 390GT or something like that. Anyways, this car had a black paint with gold "fuzzy" stripes? (if that's the right word) that bordered the sides of the car meaning along top of fenders and down and across the bottom. The decklid had a gold painted design they called a "lace" paint job.
Anyways, the odd thing was this car had a fiberglass front end on it.....I'm not positive about hood but I think so, and the fenders were definitely fiberglass. Did they make reproduction fiberglass fenders in 1985? Thinking back now about it I just wondered if this car was anything special......it wasn't an XR7....standard interior. He moved back to Michigan.....we don't talk often but I might have to call him and ask more about it. I think he just sold it a couple of years ago.....he had painted it yellow. Maybe one of you are the new owner......anyways, any answers would be appreciated......Keith

·
Registered
406 Posts
It doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard of. Probably just a custom job, although I can't say that I'm 100% sure. - Chad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts