Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I like that two-tone paint. I seriously doubt it has the "rim blow steering wheel option" as stated. Someone mentioned it was "Very hard to find with original double pin stripe", say what? A very nice looking car.

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll bet he puts his wrist on the center pad while he's pressing on the silver band with his thumb. lol

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Very nice car, but IMO the white and cream/yellow kind of clash with each other.

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice car, but IMO the white and cream/yellow kind of clash with each other.

I agree, but the color kind of fits in with the Hollywood Florida crowd. You should see the way some of the houses are painted.

Then again, it could be why it only has 32,900 miles. It is a nice ride though.

·
Registered
669 Posts
hey hey!! my house is simply white.:lol:

·
Registered
653 Posts
I think someone would look good it that with yellow golf pants that stop mid ankle and white lofers driving to the mcl. It is however a nice clean example

·
11,000 Posts
Looks like a lot of shill bidding to get it up to $17K.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
We should remember, a WHITE top is a great color for a Fl. car, reflects the sun. With NO air, it needed all the help it could get. LOL

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
669 Posts
I know this car and the guy who owns it. Nice car but $17000? seriously? Maybe if it was a 390 car.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Now if I were looking for a STRAIGHT, RUST FREE COUGAR to make into a custom, then $17,000.00 wouldn't be an issue. We all should know how much it costs to rid one of rust, DON'T WE?

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
270 Posts
I know this car and the guy who owns it. Nice car but $17000? seriously? Maybe if it was a 390 car.
That's what I was thinking, not even a 4-spd. He's fishing for a marlin.

I know about the dark colors and heat. My 67 is dark blue w/dark blue interior, no a/c.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
We should remember, a WHITE top is a great color for a Fl. car, reflects the sun. With NO air, it needed all the help it could get. LOL

Dale in Indy
Dale, look closely at the 4th pic in the 1st post just above the console. The car does have AC. John :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was the 17k bidder on this car-maybe I am stupid, but I am old and tired and am the "survivor" of numerours restorations that run far over budget by the time its all said and done- and they are only original once

For a near perfect xr7 with original paint and 32k miles- I was there with the cash- I also left with the cash

if this thing had been a mustang there would have been a line of people out the door- and that makes no sense to me as the cougar is a far cooler and more rare car

plus chicks dig yellow golf pants and white shoes- but you have to have a white belt and the blueblockers over your bifocals to get the hot ones

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I was the 17k bidder on this car-maybe I am stupid, but I am old and tired and am the "survivor" of numerours restorations that run far over budget by the time its all said and done- and they are only original once

For a near perfect xr7 with original paint and 32k miles- I was there with the cash- I also left with the cash

if this thing had been a mustang there would have been a line of people out the door- and that makes no sense to me as the cougar is a far cooler and more rare car

plus chicks dig yellow golf pants and white shoes- but you have to have a white belt and the blueblockers over your bifocals to get the hot ones
So why did you leave with the money?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts