1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would love that drive line but not for that price!

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
But you get the whole car, what ever else is left of it, besides just the motor and trans...I don't think it will get the BIN...

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
That thing mustve been sitting in the woods for years, look at the 3rd picture and the debris inside the intake manifold. Plus lets see some of the body pics too. I wouldn`t doubt them 51,000 miles were very hard miles on that car.

thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Rear with staggered shocks, 31 spline TL no doubt.

I noticed the manifold full of stuff too, doesn't bode too well for what might have ended up in the cylinders...

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Or maybe another deal was reached...Would love to learn the whole story!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Believe me, I thought about this assortment of rusted pieces, but who knows what you would actually find once you got into it. What is an SCJ full of water really worth? Missing most of the expensive brackets and pulleys, carb, air cleaner etc etc etc.... But if it still had the original 4-speed, rear end, interior ??? I just don't see more than about 5k and a pile of work here.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I didn't see 2K worth of stuff - very likely a cracked block being a east coast car sitting in the weather for years - who knows why it was sidelined to start with. Maybe there are a few usable parts in there --- but not 11K worth!!

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Don at WCCC had the Couhgar that could have used that power train. A 69 XR-7 428CJ 4 speed missing it's original stuff. I can't remember if it was a convert or sun roof now. The add stated it was stored under cover. May have been a cover of darkness..
"This is a 1969 Cougar that was ordered new with the 428 Super Cobra Jet 4 spd, posi, driveline, (see original invoice in pictures) the same driveline as a Shelby Mustang. The driveline is still in the vehicle as it was wrecked in approx 1972 and has been sitting under cover ever since. The driveline will be sold as is with the vehicle for parts only, that way if you are building a clone or an original you get all the special brackets, mounts, etc that are specific only to the 428 SCJ.
Vehicle will need to be picked up and paid for in cash, deposit through paypal will be accepted.
am listing this for a friend so if you have questions please email me and I will"

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
O.k. here's my take on it. I don't think it's really a SCJ, CJ maybe. Looking at the oil filter adapter (all though hard to tell) it doesn't look like it has anywhere to hook up the lines for the external oil cooler. One of the pictures shows the fan and pulleys etc. with a fan clutch, If I remember correctly the SCJ had a fixed fan not one with a clutch. Also don't see anything that say's drag pack, which would have gave you the SCJ.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
John, I think your correct. Look at the invoice and it states 3.25 gears. Not a SCJ set, needs to be 3.91 or 4.11 IIRC.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
John, I think your correct. Look at the invoice and it states 3.25 gears. Not a SCJ set, needs to be 3.91 or 4.11 IIRC.
No big deal but the axle ratios would have been 3.91 or 4.30. W or V code on the data plate. Wow, good eye on the harmonic balancer a70eliminator.

·
Registered
390 Posts
No big deal but the axle ratios would have been 3.91 or 4.30. W or V code on the data plate. Wow, good eye on the harmonic balancer a70eliminator.
Yep just remeber a super cj the balancer portrudes out beyond the crank pulleys, a cj's is just about even with the pulleys. It's really easy to notice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts