Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago, my wife and got this 69 XR-7 for free. It was originally a Cali car, but had been to Chicago and then to Maryland, where we got it. It has been sitting in my garage ever since we got it and I decided to start the tear down this past weekend. The car is very clean on the exterior and no signs of rust underneath. The carpet had a moldy smell, so I wanted it out of the car. I am attaching some pics of what I found.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
the old build sheet still there. Sometimes they made it - other time they didnt. Whatcha doing for new carpet?

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
That is the inspection document, a quality control sheet.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
the old build sheet still there. Sometimes they made it - other time they didnt. Whatcha doing for new carpet?
What the pictures show is not a build sheet, it is an inspection sheet (as I recall from other posts on the subject). The build sheet is different and has different info.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Screw the paper....check out those floors...BOB! lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You all are right, those are the inspection sheets. There is one for each side. I am in the process of duplicating them. The floors were AMAZING!!

This is definately going to make life ALOT easier when I get to prepping it for paint. I am planning on putting a 390/ C6 in it and making it an Eliminator clone...I know, I know, but that is what I want. I am going to keep it Black Jade, with a white interior and white stripes.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Screw the paper....check out those floors...BOB! lol
Those aren't real, they don't exist! He keeps those pictures in his photo album right after the sasquatch pictures... :buck:

Seriously though, MOMMALOOSHA those are nice floors!!!

Is it a sin to covet thy neighbors rust free floorpan?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am planning on trying out Don's new extra padded Black carpet in it. I may not need to though as the original underlayment was as nice as the floors.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Sounds like you gotta good plan to me!! ;>) Yeah those are very nice floors indeed! Look who just saved a ton of work!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts